About Me

My photo
.....making the negative positive..... amateur photographer based in Manchester UK...Wife, mother of three, grandmother of two, lover of music, photography and good food and company!....everywhere I look I see a photo opportunity...it's an obsession!!! I never leave the house without my camera, it has become an extension of myself. I am still trying to remember everything my camera can do and have been randomly shooting people and places for 2 or 3 years now . Learning through trial and error, experimentation and with good advice from photographers whom I respect and who are generous with their coaching and time.

Friday 21 October 2011

©The Necropolis Glasgow.. a Victorian Gothic garden cemetery..






The Necropolis is a Victorian cemetery in Glasgow Scotland, on a low but prominent hill to the east of St. Mungo's Cathedral fifty thousand individuals have been buried here. Typically for the period only a small percentage are named on monuments and not every grave has a stone but about 3500 monuments exist here





                                                     the aptly named Necropolis has been described as a city of the dead

No comments:

Post a Comment